It's crazy when 10 miles is a "short" run! That was today. Tapering for the BIG
one a week from today! 26.2 miles! I've done it two other times in my life and right now, I can't quite figure out why.
I said I would never do another one unless it was with my husband. So, our friend Jason, signed the 3 of us up. I was never convinced I was going to do it. I was just "training" to help Brian out and then I was going to back out and let Brian and Jason run it. Well.... Brian now has a stress fracture! HE is NOT running this marathon and I AM!?
I feel the most unprepared for this one of the 3 I've trained for. My first was about 4hrs.35 min. My next, a goal to finish in under 4 hours! ACCOMPLISHED! I hope I can finish this one! I'm scared,excited,sick,sore,.....
I eat,drink,read,and run for the marathon right now and can't wait to have it FINISHED!
4 comments:
I think you are amazing Kimberli! I would have wimped out long ago. I will be rooting for you from here and I hope you do great!
YAHOO! A new post!!! This is so exciting for me! (what does this say about me and my life?!!)
Jason feels the same way. He isn't as prepared for this but will tredge through it. It would have been fun to have Brian injury free! I am SOOO proud of you!!! One day, I will run a half with you! Well, maybe! HA HA HA!~
Good luck! I am SO cheering you on. I really want to do a marathon some day. I'll come to you when I start training for all the how-to info. Too bad about Brian. I am anxious to hear how it goes. YOu all are amazing!
That's awesome. Maybe one day I'll do another one... Maybe not. Sounds like you ran it on Sat. I will have to give you a call and see how it went. I always love the feeling of accomplishment I feel after the race. Good luck!
Post a Comment