There have been so many things going on I feel I could have and maybe should have blogged several times in these past couple of weeks. Yet, here I am just doing some random thoughts again. I've decided that this is what blogging is about for me. My random thoughts.
It has been such an amazingly beautiful Oregon Fall!!! I have loved it SO MUCH!
(I handle the rain much better when it doesn't start in October!)
Halloween day was the first real day of rain but it stopped in time for trick or treaters! AND it was actually very warm!!! It was almost like San Antonio days!
HERE IT IS! Our FIRST child of FIVE just got her drivers PERMIT! We hope we don't have TOO MANY of these to go through! At least no air bags went off and MOST important, NO ONE was hurt!!! We just were without Suburban for 2 weeks!
This is ONE of the beautiful views I have on one of my running routes! I went on a long run the other day and all I could do was think of how BEAUTIFUL everything was! On one street I was running under a TUNNEL of yellow trees and the ground was paved with the yellow leaves! WOW! SO AMAZING!I LOVE runs like that where I can actually think about all that God has blessed me with!
I think about how blessed I am that my body works as well as it does! My heart and lungs and muscles and all the great things that work together in just the right way in order for me to breathe and work my body!
I think about this great country I live in. I think about how beautiful this State of Oregon is. (I had to throw that in so I can read back in FEBRUARY that I DO LOVE living here!)
I even love it right down to my little neighborhood!
(the street out in front of my house)There have been two events recently that have brought these thoughts of health and country to mind. The first, of course, our elections.
It seems crazy with all the negative campaigning that goes on and we are or are not happy with the turn out of the elections, (City,State,Country)
BUT, how really super amazing that we do live in a country where the transfere of power is PEACEFUL. I love a country where we can study the candidates and vote for oursleves and no matter the out come a change usually is good and it does happen peacefully. I loved ins John McCains speach he said," in the end we are ALL AMERICANS FIRST"!
The next event:
Brian has a 37 year old cousin that just died of cancer. It started with breast cancer 7 years ago.
She first had one breast removed and later, the other. She thought she was "better" and it had only moved on to other parts of her body. It now, 7 years later has been in her brain and on Halloween day she passed away. She leaves a husband and 3 children from 9 to 3 years old. It is amazing to me to see how people like her are so strong and possitive and just make you want to complain less, give more and enjoy more!
7 comments:
I was just thinking today how fantastic this Fall has been! So calm and breathtaking! I, too, am in awe of he beauty of where we live. Each day that I am in the car I have to tell the boys - "look at how beautiful that is, or this...." we are truly blessed!
- It is such a blessing to have a healthy mind and body! Good for you to get out there and RUN!
- So sorry to hear about Brian's cousin! That is really sad. Sad that she leaves so much behind. I have a hard time with things like that.
- Your littles looked awesome for Halloween! Skyler looked just like Harry Potter! I love it!
- YAHOO! That you posted! I know. No pressure - but I love it when you blog! :-)
....ps - did you know that Utah doesn't have Veteran's Day off? Don't you find that odd? It's a National Holiday! - strange!
I'm so happy you blogged again! I'm going to say the same thing as Lisa -- Skyler is the cutest Harry Potter!
Poor Brooklynn! She must have been so sad! Hopefully it just made her a more careful driver, and phew that nobody was hurt.
Your neighborhood has the BEST trees. The color is just amazing, it was my favorite October drive every year. I'm so glad you guys got a nice fall! Okay, I'm totally jealous, but I'm still happy for you. You need a spectacular fall and spring to get through that rain in the middle.
I'm sad to hear about Brian's cousin. Cancer is the scariest thing.
Okay, can't wait for next Monday!
Loved your post. I am glad you all had a fun Halloween. The kids looked so cute.
Poor Brooklyn! I have to hand it to her though...it is hard to learn to drive in a HUGE car. I learned to drive in a big Dodge Van. Tricky. So good to hear no one was hurt.
I am loving your fall pictures. It looks very similar here. I love the leaves all over the ground and the tree-lined roads. So fun to get out there and run in it! I too am thankful for a healthy body. I always have to remind myself of that when I get bummed that it is not a perfect looking specimen.
So sorry to hear about Brian's cousin. It is always hard to think of mothers leaving children and a husband behind. I am teary-eyed just thinking of it. I'll keep them in my prayers!
Thanks for your thoughts!
I love all your random thoughts! That's exactly what blogs are for. At least this way I kind of know what you are up to. So, sorry to hear about Brian's cousin and also about the poor suburban. Alyssa got her permit on Saturday but hasn't done any driving yet. I'm scared!!! Thank you for all of you wonderful thoughts!
What beautiful pictures. I need to come visit again and see all that beauty. I can't believe Brooklyns driving. I have to admit I am still afraid of driving big suburbans even 9 years later.
You are amazing Kim. I have always felt lucky to have an aunt like you to admire.
Your kids look cute in their costumes. I was thinking the same things as some of the others, what a stellar Harry Potter Skyler makes.
Great job for getting out and running. I remember running with you once when my family was visiting yours. Whew!
I learned to drive in my family's monstrous blue van. I hit the rear view mirror once against another car and busted it. I paid for the damage in both cars and I think that was my only teenage car mishap. Hmm.. maybe there was one or two more. I don't remember for sure. Glad everyone is OK.
Have a great week!
Sounds like you have been busy, no surprise! You are just amazing to me how you do it all. I'm glad no one was hurt in the fender bender!
Post a Comment